Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Australia Bound!


My Australia trip is ON. I'll be in Sydney from August 21 to September 6 to visit with my good friends Brad Serhan and David Allen and consult with them and their design team on Brigadiers Audio Group, their new premium brand of loudspeakers. As I've said many times before, I've been evaluating BAG's new Compact 2-way loudspeaker as part of my "search for the perfect two-way." (Or, as SpJ's Judy Spotheim-Koreneeff replied on my Facebook page, "No such thing, and no such creation." I know, which is why I'm searching--halfway around the world.


While there I'll also be visiting the Cohibar at the Watershed Hotel to hopefully smoke some Cuban cigars with some Australian cigar aficionados, and I'm sure I'll probably squeeze out a Smoking Jacket column out of the experience. I hope to enjoy my first Cohiba Behike BHK 52 there--I've been told by a couple of friends that it's the finest cigar ever and I've been hoping to try one for at least a couple of years.


Finally, I'll have a chance to hear BAG's latest creation, a floorstanding 2.5-way speaker tentatively referred to as the McQuade. Once we're happy with the finalized designs, I'm hoping that Colleen Cardas Imports will be the new US importer and distributor for BAG, and that we'll be able to show both the Compact and the McQuade at a trade show very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment