Saturday, June 25, 2011

Finally...show reports from AXPONA NYC!


I promised to start my show reports for AXPONA NYC yesterday, but it was such a whirlwind day that I didn't get a chance to sit down and write it all down. To put it succinctly, AXPONA NYC is busy, busy, busy. New York audiophiles are truly a breed apart--they are knowledgeable in their inimitable in-your-face way--and they showed up in droves for the first day. Most of the rooms were literally packed with people, and some exhibitors found themselves acting as traffic cops and attempting to control the flow of the crowds. This is my first audio trade show in NYC, and I've never seen anything like it...even at CES.

On the first day I heard a lot of great sound, and almost nothing weird, strange or overly-exotic. Compared to the AXPONA show in Atlanta two months ago, I'd say that the exhibitors were much more serious about their gear and really tried to assemble state-of-the-art systems. Again, this may have something to do with the high expectations of an informed NYC crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment