Monday, January 10, 2011

CES 2011--random photos

Here are some of the random photos I promised.


First up is the VivA equipment that was featured in the Profundo room. This was just a static display but it shows how beautiful this Italian-made tube equipment really is. I've known about VivA for quite some time, but I haven't had a chance to listen yet. I will have my chance when I visit Dan Muzquiz for the Dean Peer Music Night in San Diego this weekend.


Next up is a quick pic of the SimAudio MOON 600i integrated amplifier, I reviewed the LP 5.3 phono preamp for TONEAudio a couple of years ago, and I felt it was the best phono preamp at its price point (about $1400 at the time). I also used the I-7 integrated amp as a reference for several months and thought it was a superb mix of advanced technology and stunning sound quality. It seems like I always forget how much I enjoy SimAudio gear, and this is a chance to show the Canadian company a little love. I really dig the black/gold finish on this amp.


Here's the Trenner & Friedl ART monitors in a slightly different wood veneer than mine. It also has a white Corian baffle instead of the black I have. These are such beautiful little speakers.


This is one of the middle models in the T&F lineup...the Ella. Dan Muzquiz reports that this speaker is an unbelievable match with the VivA Solista integrated amp. You can check out his blog on the Blackbird Audio Gallery website for an interesting article on this combination. Again, my photo does not do justice to the amazing fit and finish of Trenner & Friedl loudspeakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment