Friday, September 24, 2010

Trenner & Friedl ART monitors -- one more pic!



Dan Muzquiz of Blackbird Audio sent me one more pic of the stunning Trenner & Friedl ART monitors. Dan writes: "Just thought I'd post this for you since you've been so intrigued with these speakers. This set has a cream colored Corian face with Zebrawood cabinets. The integrated amp between them with the glowing tubes is the Viva Solista LT." 
Thanks, Dan!

Viva tube amplifiers are from Italy, and they have a gorgeous, curved chassis and are handcrafted in the city of Vicenza. Even the transformers are custom made in Italy for Viva. I can't wait to hear this combination the next time I had to Southern California. Meanwhile, Dan has informed me that there is another Trenner & Friedl dealer, Terry Combs of Sound Mind Audio, nearby in Dallas. I plan on contacting Terry sometime soon to hear some of the other Trenner & Friedl speakers such as their stunningly simple RA Box (which cost $25K a pair but offer an almost unheard of level of craftsmanship and build quality).

Again, it's pretty exciting when an old jaded audiophile like me discovers a new brand and gets excited about the audio hobby all over again!

No comments:

Post a Comment